Enterprise Application Developer (Java)
Number of positions: 1
Job Location: Des Peres
Our internal job number: 10849
This position will provide development and support for our corporate intranet portal and other enterprise-level applications. Position requires hands on experience with Java application development and will perform the following duties: (a) ensure customer application and integration development aligns to design, coding, and performance standards; (b) perform hands on J2EE design and development work; (c) provide technical support to the business for 3rd party applications; (d) assist with the development of procedures and processes to improve operational efficiencies. This position will work closely with the business portal team, developers, architects, QA and application administration.
· Provide hands on design, development, unit and integration testing, QA support and production support
· Provide technical support for enterprise applications purchased from external vendors
· Work closely with business client, peer development, QA, UAT, operations, ect teams to ensure close communication and successful testing, deployment, and issue resolution
· Work with enterprise architects and other teams to define the portal enterprise integration architecture roadmap, and provide assurance for project alignment towards this roadmap
· Work with business subject matter experts to translate requirements into technical portal design
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Strong Java development skills- OO concepts, code efficiencies, design patterns.
· Superior knowledge of Java technologies, such as JSP/Servlet, Log4J, JMS, JSBC, SAX.
· Expert level proficiency with J2EE development- SOAP, JMS, JDBC, MVC, JSP, Struts, SML, ect.
· Working knowledge of open source technologies, such as Eclipse, CVS, AJAX, Struts, SML, Tomcat.
· Expert level proficiency with SQL and Oracle databases.
· Intermediate level proficiency with CVS or similar source controls systems.
· Intermediate level proficiency with technical support of in-house vendor software.
· Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Basic level proficiency with Windows and Linux servers.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of peers or management within the company in one on one and small group situations.
· Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all associates and by having a positive attitude.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· 2-5 years of experience in Java/J2EE development.