Summary: Under general direction and with minimal supervision, the Sharepoint Analyst will develop requirements defined by users for the creation of software applications. The Sharepoint Analyst will use approved procedures and techniques to maintain or modify existing application programs, develop or select new applications programs of varying complexity and scope. While performing all duties and responsibilities, the Sharepoint Analyst will, at all times, model our client’s values and principles and act in a manner consistent with the our client’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop design specifications based on user requirements that will be used in the development of application programs.
- Assist other members of the IT team in evaluating requirements within the context of the capabilities of the existing architecture, and recommend enhancements/changes to the architecture when applicable.
- Continually search for opportunities to provide service to other business functions through new software and technologies.
- Develop documentation as defined in our client’s System Development Life Cycle framework.
- Prepare reasonable time and cost estimates for assigned tasks and projects.
- Develop project plans as required. Perform project-related tasks according to the plans and schedules created for projects.
- Write, debug, test, document, maintain and support programs and interfaces with other systems.
- Coordinate with other members of the I.T. organization, users and software suppliers to understand and maintain software applications and interfaces.
- Participate in research and evaluation of third-party software solutions.
- Adhere to and assist with the development of application design and programming standards.
- Design, develop, and conduct training sessions on applications and processes developed or supported by the IT Department.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Participate in special projects or perform other tasks as identified by management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Administration preferred or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience analysis and programming in a SQL, .NET environment
- Experience in a manufacturing enterprise preferred.
- Must be familiar with object oriented programming techniques and technologies.
- C# and/or VB experience preferred.
- Background in Agile and Rapid Application Development (RAD) development methodologies preferred.
- Strong SharePoint Administration skills. Experience in the technical administration of multiple SharePoint sites preferred.
- Solid proficiency building SharePoint websites and designing complex SharePoint security models.
- Expertise in HTML, XML, CSS, SharePoint WebParts, and Web Reporting Tools preferred.
- Experience in SharePoint Designer, and Business Intelligence tools preferred.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Third Party Tools.
- Understanding of advanced relational database concepts
- Experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Proficiency with physical and logical database design.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical and business problems.
- Comprehension of complex business processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a frequently changing environment.
The employee must able to sit for extended period of time, up to 8 hours with periodic breaks. Employee may occasionally stand and/or walk and occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Employee must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and stress.
Must be able to work extended hours when work load requires, including some evenings and weekend time. May be asked to travel to other client locations or other locations for special assignments or to attend special training programs. Occasionally provide 24/7 on-call assistance to users and for system maintenance.
The employee will normally work in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Occasional need to work in a plant environment, with some temperature extremes and a moderate noise level. Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment when working on the shop floor.