Responsible for preparing programming assignments. Designs, plans and supervises implementation of large scale system projects. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale mainframe computer system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains project estimates and project management timelines for multiple major projects.
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of specifications for multiple major projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes).
• Determines programming requirements for multiple major projects (e.g., product updates, conversions).
• Develops requirements for system enhancements.
• Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
• Provides client support, training, testing and vendor relations.
• Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
• Maintains and develops on-line and batch application programs.
• Codes programs that interface with multiple applications.
• Trains new employees on all aspects of an application or system product.
• Develops complex procedural language routines.
• Provides applications development and support and utilizes troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
• Monitors, measures, and optimizes individual and combined utilization of hardware, software, and telecommunications components.
• Responsible for software Installation and maintenance. May act as project leader.
• Develops and implements a disaster recovery plan.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will work on multiple projects. Initial project will be working on asset repository to track IT assets across the enterprise.
- 5-7 years with 3-5 years full life cycle development experience and 3-5 years programming experience in financial services or a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Key is MVC experience
- Primarily front-end development
- Web development (ASP.NET / MVC) 3+ years
- Strong Object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Minimum of 5 yrs of exp in technology (3-5 yrs in SDLC)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related area.