Title: Java Technology Delivery Consultant+-00174412
Location: Location Negotiable (Preferred locations: Reston, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York, Florham Park, Atlanta,
Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, FL)
Education: Must have a variable 4 year degree
Travel : 80% (Monday - Thursday)
Salary Ranges: Midlevel, Senior Developers and Architect - $65K - $145K
Benefits: See “outstanding” benefits package” and “fast track” to” partner program”
Our client is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 259,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, they collaborate with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2010.
If you join our cleient, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at with our client and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Our client's consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with our client, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
Technology Growth Platform (TGP) offers a full range of global delivery services-from enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
Our TGP consultants can expect to:
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- Work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- Receive continuous training
- gain rapid career progression
The client's, Development & Integration group within TGP contributes to their growth by developing highly skilled individuals who drive innovation, improve delivery effectiveness and increase win-rates through differentiated, specialized, world-class capability.
Key Delivery Responsibilities May Include:
- Working with the client's application development and support teams to design, develop, and support application technical solutions
- Collaborating with the client's business owners to identify desired functionality, business requirements, and business use cases
- Defining and establishing development architectures, which includes automated and continuous build capabilities
- Performing technology architecture design activities, portions of technology build, test and implementation activities, refine and enhance architecture and framework, as well as troubleshoot and debug technology integration problems
- Driving quality assurance, code reviews, testing of application modules, and delivery methodology processes to ensure successful project delivery
- Assisting in project selection of framework and third party architecture and integration frameworks, taking into consideration all relevant requirements, project scope and feasibility concerns
- Designing and developing proof of concepts as needed, integrating new components with back office systems during the design and requirements phase to evaluate products and integration strategies
- Possessing familiarity with common, relevant architecture frameworks and being able to use them in diagnosing and assessing architectures
- Leading the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Communicating effectively with team members and clients to gain the required knowledge to perform these tasks
- Working with remote team members or clients
100% US travel (Monday-Thursday) required with potential to stay Friday depending on project need
100% travel is required
- Minimum of 3 years custom development experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience with object oriented programming (preferably Java)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with architecture design skills
- Minimum of 3 years previous consulting and/or client service delivery experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with various software development methodologies including Agile, RUP and Waterfall
- Software frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and Hibernate
- Software development estimating techniques
- System testing and validation experience
- Build and migration experience
- Technical deployment and roll-out support
- Must have a variable 4 year degree
- Requires a commitment of 80% travel to clients locations