Title: Drupal Systems Administrator
Location: Norwalk, CT/Shelton, CT
Employment Type: Full Time & Contract (Temp)
Employment Status: US Citizen or Green Card
We are looking for an experienced system administrator to setup and maintain servers hosting multiple drupal installations, as well as other open source tools. This individual should have proven experience working with server level Drupal administration and optimization. The position will require setting up multi site infrastructures and deployment strategies for multiple sites. The right candidate will have strong knowledge of LAMP-stack technologies, and working experience with technologies that make larger-size Drupal sites perform well, including Varnish, Memcache, APC, and CDN solutions. It's also important to be comfortable with the setup, configuration, and use of tools such as SVN/Git, Drush, Nagios. Candidate should be comfortable with troubleshooting Drupal plugins and themes (custom or default), and should be proficient with tools like newrelic, xdebug, kcachegrind.
Essential Required Responsibilities:
- Setting up technical infrastructure, including multi-server and load balanced environments, providing technical assistance to development teams, monitoring site performance, and troubleshooting server issues as they arise.
- Work closely with fellow development team members as well as the client services and support teams to implement processes, optimize application environments, and plan for platform capacity
- Take an active role in designing, implementing and maintaining a scalable and robust enterprise server environment
- Document system configuration, processes, and procedures.
- Share responsibility with team members for rotating on‐call duties.
- Setup deployment infrastructure for testing and deploying changes to live sites
- Optimizing servers for Drupal and high traffic
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Required Skills:
- Strong knowledge of LAMP-stack technologies
- Advanced knowledge DRUPAL, Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Management.
- Hands on Experience with, and expert-level knowledge of, Apache, PHP, Wordpress and other related technologies.
- Hands on experience with, and advanced knowledge of, Linux Operating Systems, installation, maintenance, support etc.
- In-depth knowledge of General Release Apache, including module installs, tuning, redirection, compilation and logging for Linux.
- Application server administration of Tomcat / PHP.
- Thorough understanding of the 3 tier Architecture.
- Hands on experience and knowledge with scripting; (php, bash & Python/Perl)
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills from Wing to Wing in a web infrastructure model.
- Proactive self-motivated team member with good communications skills
- Experience with Nginx and fastcgi
- Experience with Nagios
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration software
- Experience working with and setting up Apache Solr
- General understanding of Network concepts, WAN, DNS & load balancing devices such as F5 BigIp/LTMs.
- Experience with using tools like xdebug, kcachegrind and identifying code issues
About Our Client, SDG Corporation
SDG Empowering Business Innovation™…
No matter what your job title, the work you do at SDG Empowers Business Innovation. At SDG we empower the brightest and the best talent. We offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Our employees enjoy attractive and competitive compensation packages, internal career development and a rich benefits program. If you thrive on being challenged, interacting with diverse teams and using your expertise to innovate, create and explore, then it is time to join SDG!
Translating Vision into Reality…
SDG empowers forward-thinking companies by partnering seamlessly to strategize, create and implement knowledge-driven, innovative business and technology solutions increasing efficiency and enabling growth.
SDG is led and managed by principals with a combined corporate and consulting experience of over 50 years in various IT disciplines. With its core competencies aligned for a value domain leadership, SDG strives to deliver best of class service and product. From creating digital strategy to integrating legacy and enterprise applications across today's Internet and distributed processing technologies, SDG provides custom-tailored solutions to help businesses make the change to a dynamic, digital enterprise. SDG leverages pre-built, reusable software components supporting the industry's widest array of tested solutions for business and distributed applications.
Visit Our Website: www.sdgc.com
GET EMPOWERED BY SDG:
SDG is looking for experienced QA Lead to join our QA Center of Excellence; the ideal candidate is a passionate and dedicated Software Quality Engineer who can work collaboratively with our team of QA professionals, coordinate the onsite-offshore QA activities and lead the inception of QA best practices and standards for one of the largest healthcare companies in the United States. Ample experience on software quality assurance, test automation and outstanding communication skills are highly valued attributes. Candidates should possess commitment to excellence and high standards with demonstrated ability to effectively manage priorities, adapt well to changing priorities while remaining flexible and enthusiastic.
If you relish complexity, view continuous improvement as a success factor, embrace change and enjoy working in a rapidly growing and progressive environment, SDG wants to Empower You!