Sr. Systems Engineer - Microsoft Exchange/Messaging Engineer (4801) - JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Perm W/Benefits
WE ARE THE SOLE-SOURCE PROVIDER FOR OUR CLIENT. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- Relocation Assistance is available for this position.
- Client offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including retirement savings with an 8% company match, medical, dental, group life, long and short disability and professional development opportunities.
- Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our client’s team members are outstanding problem-solvers with excellent communication skills. They're effective workers in groups and individually. Do you have what it takes?
If you're looking for a career that's more than just a paycheck, then you're looking for our client.
Our client needs dedicated people who want to help Floridians protect their most important assets – their homes and businesses. If you want a job that offers the personal satisfaction of public service, to help people in a real and concrete way, look no further.
They are Florida's property insurance provider of last resort, protecting nearly 1 million property owners statewide! Without them, many people would be unable to obtain any property insurance, which would have dire consequences for Florida's economy. As a result, our employees have a unique responsibility to all Floridians – and a unique opportunity to make a difference.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Responsible for serving as an advanced-level technical expert.
- Experience applying technical analysis, design and implementation skills to ensure alignment of corporate systems with the Enterprise Architecture and industry best practices.
- Experience participating in or overseeing a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide for problem diagnosis, solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server Operating Systems. Microsoft systems including Windows OS, SQL Server, Exchange, DNS, and Microsoft best practice for design of Active Directory and DNS
- Expert knowledge of Windows server administration, including system stability, integrity, and troubleshooting and monitoring practices for Windows technologies and hardware
- Expert knowledge of LAN protocols including MS Networking, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Virtualization technologies including VMWare/ESX 4.X/5.X and Citrix and related thin client technologies
- Demonstrated expert knowledge with Microsoft Exchange 2010 in a complex, multi-site environment. Experience with a multi-node DAG(Database Availability Group) and Windows Failover Clustering.
- Excellent ability to generate and maintain detailed technical infrastructure diagrams and documentation.
- Expert knowledge supporting mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Messaging technologies.
- Extensive experience supporting a complex multi-node and multi-site Lync 2010 infrastructure.
- Extensive experience supporting email archive technologies and Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Extensive experience supporting and troubleshooting SMTP, email relay and email edge appliances (IronMail).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of Firewall/VLAN technologies and Storage technologies including Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS devices
- Expert proficiency in upgrading of software and hardware, planning and roll out of servers and backup integrity and recovery coordination along with disaster preparedness planning
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Expert knowledge of relevant computing environment to provide support of technical terminology, concepts and applications
- Ability to understand and comply to the relevant corporate policies and procedures pertaining to customer support
- Expert knowledge of relevant commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures and local and remote computer system diagnostic tools
- Expert proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel overnight, work outside of normal working hours, to be on call and support a 24x7x365 operations environment
- Accountable for the availability, reliability, serviceability of the infrastructure hardware and software.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Facilitate and lead design review prior to implementation of solutions within the established Enterprise Architecture framework and guidelines and industry best practices.
- Ensure solutions are designed to take advantage of the existing assets, integrate them into the existing environment, follow the enterprise architecture, and solve the business problems of the business owner or unit.
- Serve as primary liaison between senior leadership and Enterprise Architecture team on strategic direction and also provide input to the Enterprise Architecture team regarding standards and framework enhancements.
- Review the solution architecture blue prints in collaboration with team members. Effectively communicate the architecture to affected staff members.
- Provide architectural assurance throughout the development life cycle and guards the architectural integrity of Citizens’ Production systems.
- Guide and lead the technical teams to resolve complex technical issues as they arise.
- Responsible for architecture and technical design documentation for production systems and related integrations with dependent sub-systems.
- Interface with Business Analysts to understand and apply business processes to current technology.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related area OR equivalent years in education, training and relevant experience
- 5 or more years’ experience as a Windows 2003/2008 Systems Engineer
- 3 or more years’ experience of systems support/integration/design in large (1000+ user) environments
- 1 or more years’ experience in leading and implementing projects
- 3 or more years in leading and implementing technical projects
- 5 or more years’ experience of systems support/integration/design in large (1000+ user) environments
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of ITIL/COBIT
- Insurance Industry experience
- Current certification as; or working towards certification as:
- VMWare Certified Professional
- Current certification as MCITP 2008 or higher
- Citrix Certified Administrator / Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
- CISSP / Security +
- Linux +