Senior Systems Administrator - 4742 - JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA - RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Perm W/Benefits
WE ARE THE SOLE-SOURCE PROVIDER FOR OUR CLIENT. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- Relocation Assistance is available for this position.
- Client offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including retirement savings with an 8% company match, medical, dental, group life, long and short disability and professional development opportunities.
- Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our client’s team members are outstanding problem-solvers with excellent communication skills. They're effective workers in groups and individually. Do you have what it takes?
If you're looking for a career that's more than just a paycheck, then you're looking for our client.
Our client needs dedicated people who want to help Floridians protect their most important assets – their homes and businesses. If you want a job that offers the personal satisfaction of public service, to help people in a real and concrete way, look no further.
They are Florida's property insurance provider of last resort, protecting nearly 1 million property owners statewide! Without them, many people would be unable to obtain any property insurance, which would have dire consequences for Florida's economy. As a result, our employees have a unique responsibility to all Floridians – and a unique opportunity to make a difference.
- Responsibility for maintaining, monitoring and managing the existing Wintel Server and Production Applications operational infrastructure with a focus on Enterprise Applications.
- This position works under limited supervision with substantial latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment with regard to resolving technical problems and will assume the technical lead in working on technical projects.
- This position will also serve as a lead for executing disaster recovery fail over activities that the Production Applications Management team is responsible for completing.
- Additionally, these activities and responsibilities include installing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise middleware such as Weblogic, Tomcat and Websphere.
- The responsibilities of this position will also include creating system and enterprise application documentation; daily system and application administration along with assisting staff and users in problem resolution relating to enterprise applications, enterprise middleware and database communication issues. This position also participates in the design, planning and execution of infrastructure needed to support new enterprise applications and middleware and any associated technologies.
· Perform software installation and patch upgrades.
· Coordinate integration services, product updates, change requests and Tier-3 support.
· Assist in the drafting, evaluation and selection of alternative technical solutions.
· Serve as a central contact to follow up on technical incidents and report findings to immediate staff and supervisors. This would include maintaining a problem case log and all hardware and software documentation provided during the triage process.
· Maintain accurate documentation on all systems and application integration points.
· Gather, interpret and disseminate system performance reports.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all corporate owned hardware and software.
· Maintain asset records for server and related equipment.
· Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system and application problems.
· Plan and organize work assignments and prioritize workload.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or 4 years of relevant experience AND 4 or more years of experience administering various systems and applications.
· Knowledge or experience in Property & Casualty Insurance industry.
· Knowledge and understanding of ITIL.
· Current certification in appropriate vertical.