Sr. Software Automation Engineer (5341) – JACKSONVILLE, FL - RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Perm W/Benefits
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- Relocation Assistance is available for this position.
- Client offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including retirement savings with an 8% company match, medical, dental, group life, long and short disability and professional development opportunities.
- Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our client’s team members are outstanding problem-solvers with excellent communication skills. They're effective workers in groups and individually. Do you have what it takes?
If you're looking for a career that's more than just a paycheck, then you're looking for our client.
Our client needs dedicated people who want to help Floridians protect their most important assets – their homes and businesses. If you want a job that offers the personal satisfaction of public service, to help people in a real and concrete way, look no further.
They are Florida's property insurance provider of last resort, protecting nearly 1 million property owners statewide! Without them, many people would be unable to obtain any property insurance, which would have dire consequences for Florida's economy. As a result, our employees have a unique responsibility to all Floridians – and a unique opportunity to make a difference.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Lead requirements gathering meetings and provide estimates of software test automation tasks.
· Modifies, develops and executes automated tests against new or modified applications and systems
· Administer test automation and management tools, such as HP Quick Test Pro and HP ALM (Quality Center).
· Develops, implements, and champions Software Automation best practices and associated strategies and approaches to increase test coverage.
· Enforce change and configuration management activities for automation test environments.
· Lead activities related to software test automation development and maintenance and support other Software Automation Engineers.
· Create automation test plans.
· Generate test execution results and metrics from other business units.
· Identify, communicate and track issues to closure working in close collaboration with cross-functional development team including analysts and developers.
· Create and present test status and outcome reports to other staff including management.
· Promote and document automation testing processes, including automation of regression testing.
· Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation skills.
· Service-oriented, self-motivated, with keen attention to detail.
· Ability to build and lead teams, manage multiple tasks, work in a collaborative team environment; be responsive to project and customer needs, and work under tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well within a cross-functional development team building relationships with developers, testers, and release managers in order to collaborate and deliver working, valuable software.
· Advanced knowledge of software automation testing best practices and methodologies.
· Advanced knowledge of the software automation process including the ability to create traditional testing artifacts including test plans and test scripts.
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a simple and understandable business language.
· Ability to administer test automation and management tools, such as HP Quick Test Pro and HP ALM (Quality Center) Advanced ability to write and debug VBScript or other automated testing scripts.
· Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and of varying software development methodologies and how the tester role and testing processes work within each.
· Knowledge of database concepts including good SQL programming skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology OR related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years AND 6 or more years of relevant experience working in IT Quality Assurance including 4 or more years of experience developing automation test scripts using HP Quick Test Professional or similar automation tool.
- Experience as a designated lead and/or Project Manager for a software testing effort.
- Experience in Agile and Lean development methodologies including Scrum, XP, and Kanban.
- Exposure to virtualization especially VMWare.
- Experience with web-based JAVA applications with large scale relational databases using DB2/SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry.
- Experience testing web applications for the insurance industry.
- HP Functional Testing or similar testing certification.