IT Data Analyst - (5023)
JACKSONVILLE, FL - RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Perm W/Benefits
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- Relocation Assistance is available for this position.
- Client offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including retirement savings with an 8% company match, medical, dental, group life, long and short disability and professional development opportunities.
- Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Our client’s team members are outstanding problem-solvers with excellent communication skills. They're effective workers in groups and individually. Do you have what it takes?
If you're looking for a career that's more than just a paycheck, then you're looking for our client.
Our client needs dedicated people who want to help Floridians protect their most important assets – their homes and businesses. If you want a job that offers the personal satisfaction of public service, to help people in a real and concrete way, look no further.
They are Florida's property insurance provider of last resort, protecting nearly 1 million property owners statewide! Without them, many people would be unable to obtain any property insurance, which would have dire consequences for Florida's economy. As a result, our employees have a unique responsibility to all Floridians – and a unique opportunity to make a difference.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Analyze source system data to understand the data structures, definitions and anomalies.
· Research and interact with Business Unit personnel to collect and document data ownership, data classifications and data definitions for all subject areas and primary data sets supporting the core Citizens applications.
· Develop and publish enterprise subject area diagrams, conceptual, logical and physical data models.
· Design, develop and publish standard data dictionary reports for each data model produced.
· Develop data management documentation for communication and education to the Business and Information Technology communities.
· Work with the Senior Data Analyst in researching, documenting and resolving Data Quality issues for the core Citizens applications.
· Knowledge of data definition, data classification and data dictionary processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of database normalization data modeling techniques.
· Strong SQL and relational database design skills.
· Ability to read and interpret Data Flow Diagrams.
· Strong quantitative, data analysis and analytical skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology OR related field OR 4 years relevant work experience AND 2 or more years experience in data management and/or application development projects and activities.
· 3 or more years experience in developing data definitions, data classifications, data models and data dictionaries and working with a Data modeling tool, such as ERWin, PowerDesigner, or Embarcadero.
· 3 years experience in data management projects and activities.
· 4 years combined experience in developing data definitions, data classifications, data models and data dictionaries and working with a Data modeling tool, such as ERWin, PowerDesigner, or Embarcadero.
· Property & Casualty insurance and experience.
· Insurance related information delivery experience.
· Experience with data management techniques for dealing with Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
· Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations.