Diesel Engine Technician – Dream Career!
Location: Multiple US Based Locations – Some with Global Travel
Base salary commensurate with experience.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Got a job? How about a Career?
If you are looking for a career with a global foot print major corporation with a complete employment package, then send me your resume so we can speak today!
Any of the below skills and experience will be considered.
Diagnostic Skills and Experience:
- Diagnoses and completes complex repairs to engines either in shop or at the customer’s site
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in shop or in the field
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Experience performing all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
Diesel Engine Experience
- Excellent diagnostic skill and experience
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using diagnostic tools on different product types with or without supervision depending on skills and experience
- Experience using Insite diagnostic tool
- Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online
- Experience using Cummins EDS system
Any level of experience from entry to a professional pro with Light Duty Diesel Engines to High Horse Power 30 liter plus engines or Marine Engine experience.
Some of the places supported/traveled on a regular basis:
- Heavy-Duty external and internal engine rebuild/repair experience
- On highway vehicles, Motor Coaches or High Horse Power Engine experience
- Experience with engine horse power 104 HP to 4200 HP
- Cummins ISX, ISL, ISM, ISB, ISC Engine
- Experience with Cummins ISX 15, QSK 30 to QSK 78 motors or experience with K19, KT38, K50 and QSK60 to QSK95, QST 30 motors
- Experience with Diesel Engines, including CAT, Detroit, MTU, Cummins, Perkins, Volvo, Navistar, Western Star, Freightliner, Mac, Paccar, Waukesha,
- Experience with High Horse Power Diesel or Natural Gas engines, (30 Liter and up)
- Marine Engine and Global International Experience
- Ability to travel to any global location
- Active and current passport
- 14/7 Technician Program – 14 days on call and 7 days off
- 48 hours of pay for each week you are on assignment (14 day shift)
- Overtime paid before 7AM and after 6PM, weekends & holidays
- Cummins, GE Marine Engines or others
- Offshore marine service experience
- Trinidad, Angola, Spain, Dubai, Egypt, South Africa, French Guiana, China, Nigeria, Brazil, Malta, Mexico, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Alaska, Washington, California, Florida Coast, New York, South Texas Coast, Mississippi Coast, Alabama Coast, and Louisiana
- Pre-establish Go Trailer and Remote Warehouses
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Post-Secondary Certificate or training as a diesel technician preferred
- Certified Master Diesel <