Allison Transmission Technician – 180002ZK
Location: San Leandro, CA
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
The Technician performs maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and repairs to Allison Transmissions in a wide variety of equipment applications. This includes assuring each repair is performed in a manner that is both expeditious and cost effective to the customer and CP. Works in conjunction with the Service Supervisor and Service Manager as an internal resource to promote 100% customer satisfaction
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of?
- Perform troubleshooting, document findings, assist in developing repair estimates.
- Perform skilled repairs within required times and to desired accuracy. Document activities including cause of failure and repairs or service work performed.
- Gather and present accurate equipment information (make/model, vin, esn, mileage) to the Service Supervisor in order to ensure proper coverage is determined.
- Perform troubleshooting and documenting specific values when requested.
- Work with Service Supervisor to draft accurate repair estimates (parts/labor) by completing quote sheets.
- Perform repairs within 30% of Allison published SRT’s (standard repair times). Assure labor is posted to applicable SRT’s.
- Notify immediate supervisor of non-operable, inadequate or unsafe equipment or working conditions.
- Maintain immediate work area clean and free from debris.
- Returned failed parts and cores (tagged appropriately) to Parts department upon repair completion.
- Keep up to date on current Allison products, services and procedures. Complete prescribed training; a minimum of two weeks of training per year.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements:
- Health, Safety and Environment Level 2
- Achievement Orientation Level 1
- Results Management Level 1
- Teamwork Level 1
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Complete set of technician tools.
- 3 years of related service technician experience or a technical school diploma.
- Acceptable driving record (no more than two points; no DUIs).