Power Generation Field Service Technician
Location: Rotational travel based from home to worksite
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent Position
This team is comprised of highly technical and professional personal. You will be expected to conduct yourself at the highest level of professionalism as a member of this elite team. Most technicians work a 2 week on shift with 1 week off. The company offers a travel package covering air travel, per diem, hotel (paid for with your company credit card), or company apartment/housing, no man camps.
commensurate with experience. Overtime paid for hours worked over 40. Holiday, On-Call or Call Out are paid based on location with a minimum of time and a half. Bonus
is paid by the company based on company performance
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Got a job? How about a Career?
If you are looking for a career with a global footprint major corporation with a complete employment package, then send me your resume so we can speak today!
Skills and Experience Notice:
Any of the below skills and experience are not all-inclusive in being considered. These are suggestive to guide the potential candidate to ensure they are listed within their resume.
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of – then this is where you need to be.
This mid-range to senior role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
An exciting opportunity for a Power Generation Workshop OR Field Service Technician Level ll. This is where you can work on industry-leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Required Skills and Experience
· 3 -7plus years’ experience working as a Power Generation/Controls Technician
· Perform initial installs/commissioning, troubleshooting, and repair
· Analyzing defects and maintaining power systems and equipment
· Experience in Switchgear and controllers
· Experience with Genset controls 20-2000kw range
· Experience with automatic transfer switch products
- Completes diagnostics, repairs, and rebuilds on power generation products in a service workshop under limited supervision
· Demonstrate skill in load testing
· Maintenance, Inspection/Testing and Troubleshooting/Repair of all Safety Shutdown Devices/Systems per Customer and/or Regulatory Requirements
· Performance of All Duties Safely and in Accordance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Regulations
· Strong Electrical Aptitude/Troubleshooting Abilities
· Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
· Able to Lift 50+ Pounds
Plus Skills and Experience
· Experience with repair and maintenance of diesel engines
· Insite and InPower software experience
· High school diploma or equivalent required
- Intermediate to senior level knowledge of and/or experience working with power generation products High Voltage/Low Voltage practical experience
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, assembles and reassembles power generation units, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from a relevant technical institution (Preferred)
- Strong computer knowledge and skills (preferred)