Executive Director Controller and Global Finance, Shared Services Leader – 20000218
Work Location: Nashville, TN
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
We are place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
We are seeking an Executive Director Controller and Global Finance Shared Services Leader. This role will provide strategic and business leadership to the global Finance and Accounting shared service operations. The position reports to Business Services Vice President and works directly with the Executive Finance Leadership team to set direction and ensure top quartile performance, drive efficiency gains and compliance in the execution of shared-services work and help optimize working capital. It will work with the businesses to deliver value through performance improvement and analytics that support decision making.
Impact and Responsibility Summary:
- Responsible for working with the business and the finance function on the vision for finance and accounting shared services and executing that vision
- Responsible for accounting practices, financial controls and compliance, budgeting, financial reporting and analytics for Cummins Shared Services
- Maintain a strong focus on best in class execution and deliver short term results while moving towards the long-term vision
- Responsible for global talent management for finance and accounting shared service operations; including attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing policies, processes, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing and implementing best practices globally
- Improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure
- Develops and monitors service level agreements including meaningful metrics and service pricing
- Provide over site to the global budgeting and strategic simulation processes
- Responsible for strategic third -party suppliers for financial services
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading a global finance organization with a preferred focus on manufacturing, distribution and shared services
- Comfortable building partnerships in a global matrix organization, working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Excellent Communications skills and ability to listen to key stakeholders
- Comfortable engaging in constructive conflict to drive improvement
- Global perspective – uses a global lens and takes a broad view when approaching issues
- Excellent business acumen - making the right calls at the right time
- Business partnering, and strong customer service focused
- Think analytically, focus on the big picture, and able to drill into the detail and understand the impact
- Understand how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance
- Drives vision and purpose
- Experience in managing and/or transforming a Global Finance Shared Service Center strongly preferred
- Experience in managing a multi-site international finance team REQUIRED
- Develops talent – Develop people to meet both their career goals and organization’s goals
- Organizational savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Utilize technology to improve performance and control
– Implements needed change while maintain the cohesion of the organization and meeting short-term operational goals
– Communicates clearly and effectively, facilitates collaboration and seeks to learn from others.
Negotiation and Influence
– Gets others to buy into a vision, quickly learns credibility, protects interests and grasps opportunities while creating win-win situations and maintaining a reputation of fairness.
Partnering and Relationship Building
– Works effectively with leaders of business units and external organizations, designs and manages multi-organizational initiative, demonstrates empathy for other views.
Attracts, develops, engages and retains the best talent for the organization, Inspires and motivates teams to achieve extraordinary results.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in a business, finance or related field or equivalent work experience (finance/accounting degree, CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- Base hourly rate commensurate with experience <plus bonus?>. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify