Responsible for preparing programming assignments. Designs, plans and supervises implementation of large scale system projects. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale mainframe computer system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains project estimates and project management timelines for multiple major projects.
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of specifications for multiple major projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes).
• Determines programming requirements for multiple major projects (e.g., product updates, conversions).
• Develops requirements for system enhancements.
• Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
• Provides client support, training, testing and vendor relations.
• Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
• Maintains and develops on-line and batch application programs.
• Codes programs that interface with multiple applications.
• Trains new employees on all aspects of an application or system product.
• Develops complex procedural language routines.
• Provides applications development and support and utilizes troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
• Monitors, measures, and optimizes individual and combined utilization of hardware, software, and telecommunications components.
• Responsible for software Installation and maintenance. May act as project leader.
• Develops and implements a disaster recovery plan.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.